On the 7th month of pregnancy, the senses of the unborn baby are developed. During this time, the pregnant mother needs more rest as the baby undergoes constant growth, including the development of the senses. This is also the time for first time parents to start talking and communicating to their child.
- At this point, the baby’s kidneys and digestive system are now completely developed, and the nails begin to appear. The baby can already self-regulate his or her own internal temperature and breathing. The baby also occupies more space, so the movement is minimized.
What Precautions To Be Taken During 7th Month Of Pregnancy?
The mother must take note of the following changes and precautions to be expected:
- Back pain: Feeling of pain at the back, especially on the lower part, becomes worse on the later months or pregnancy. To relieve this, a pregnant woman should always assume correct posture when standing, sitting, or performing exercises. After giving birth, the pain can still be felt for about a year. Doing mild exercises such as walking and swimming can offer relief.
- Swelling and water retention in the body: The face, legs and ankles would normally swell during this month as the body holds more water. Though water retention is experienced, it is still advised that the pregnant woman should drink a lot of water to facilitate tissue drainage. To reduce the swelling, one should avoid using clothes and apparels that are too tight, especially on the wrists and ankles.
- Varicosities in the vulvar area: During the 7th to the 8th month, veins in the vulva start to appear along with other discomforts like itching and feeling of heaviness. The pregnant mother should avoid spicy foods and taking hot baths.
Tips For 28 Weeks Pregnant Care
To care for a woman who is 28 weeks pregnant, the following are some helpful tips to bear in mind:
- It is advised that a pregnant woman at this point should have ample sleep and rest. Sleeping and taking naps in comfortable places can help promote adequate rest and relaxation.
- To avoid any risk of preterm birth, one must avoid getting stressed and tired. Keep away from doing heavy household chores. Carrying heavy objects or standing for a long time should be avoided.
- During this week, a pregnant woman should increase her calorie consumption to 2800 daily. She should eat foods high in iron and carbohydrates. Fruits, vegetables, meat, and dairy products must be included in the diet.
- Symptoms During Pregnancy