Termination of pregnancy is a very important decision. Ample time should be taken to ascertain if this is really the right choice. The causes for terminating a pregnancy vary from person to person. Rape or incest victims opt for an abortion for understandable reasons. Some women are caught unprepared to enter motherhood, with reasons such as young age, financial instability, inappropriate partner, or career choices. Medical and surgical abortions are commonly utilized in the termination of a pregnancy. These two methods are legally practiced until a certain period in most states. A third option, which involves herbal products and natural methods are mostly done within the confines of home.
Use Of Herbs To Terminate Early Pregnancy
Termination of pregnancy at home is usually done with natural remedies that have been employed since ancient time. Admittedly, most of these techniques do not guarantee the termination of pregnancy. Great care should be taken to ensure the woman’s well-being as well. Those who choose to continue the home regimen should be aware that the methods are not fool-proof. If the methods fail then clinical abortion should be sought immediately because herbal medication may cause congenital defects. Examples of natural and home-based methods for ending a pregnancy are listed below.
Herbs which can be used to prevent implantation or dislodge a fertilized egg cell:
- Apricot Kernels.
- Black Cohosh.
- Neem oil.
- Wild Carrot.
- Wild Yam.
Herbs which can be used as abortifacients:
- Angelica. The herb promotes powerful and coordinated contractions.
- Black Cohosh. This ripens and relaxes the cervix.
- Cotton Root bark. The herb hinders progesterone and promotes uterine contractions.
- Pennyroyal. This is more toxic than other herbs, and works as a strong abortifacient.
- Tansy. This should be used with extreme caution, as it is one of the most toxic herbs used for pregnancy termination.
These herbs should only be taken in the proper way as indicated its use.
Natural Termination Of Pregnancy
Other methods that may lead to termination of pregnancy can also be done as long the pregnancy is at its early stages. These practices made without the ingestion or application of herbs includes:
- Reflexology point.
- Some exercises.
- Wearing tight jeans or clothes.
- Exposure to intense heat. This may involve sauna rooms, hot baths, and sitz bath.
- Intense orgasms help stimulate the uterus.
- Nipple stimulation. This method releases oxytocin that contracts the uterus.
- Uterine massage that involves downward pressure.
- Pregnancy Discomforts