Drinking Lime Juice during Pregnancy
Drinking lime juice during pregnancy is considered safe by medical practitioners. Cravings of pregnant women for lime juice is said to be caused by a Vitamin C deficiency in the body. This deficiency triggers unusual bouts of hankering for lime juice.
Taking lime juice can help with certain conditions brought by pregnancy such as:
- Swollen feet
- Stuffy nose
- High blood pressure.
- Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Urinary Tract Infection.
Preparations of Home Remedies with Lime Juice During Pregnancy
There are various preparations that involve lime and sweet lime juice that can be used effectively to treat discomforts during pregnancy.
- Constipation can be eased by sweet lime juice.
- Combine a teaspoon of lime juice with a glass of lukewarm water for the reduction of foot swelling.
- Combine lime juice and a glass of bitter gourd juice to reduce foot swelling.
- A few drops of lime juice and a tablespoon of honey stirred into a glass of warm water helps with a stuffy nose.
- Squeeze half a lime into a half cup of water and stir two tablespoons of cream of tartar into the solution. Drinking the solution once a day for three days will help lower high blood pressure related to pregnancy.
- Lime can be mixed with honey for a refreshing drink. This drink is also considered by some to help make labor easy if ingested from the fifth month until the delivery.
Is Lime Juice Good During Pregnancy?
Drinking fresh lime juice is better that taking vitamin supplements that have not been prescribed by a doctor during pregnancy. The following are the benefits of drinking lime juice during pregnancy:
- Lime juice supplies the body with lots of Vitamin C.
- Promotes faster absorption of iron.
- Good source of antioxidants.
- Aids in digestion and prevents constipation.
- Can be used to prevent heart burn.
- Know to minimize bloating in pregnant women.
- Alleviates minor aches and pains, such as common back and foot pain in mothers.
- Excellent in cleaning and disinfecting the kidneys, bladders and urinary tracts, making pregnant women less susceptible to Urinary Tract Infections.
- Promotes bone development for the fetus.
- High potassium found in lime can also help in the growth of brain and nerve cells.
- Diet and Food