Barley water is one of the most popular traditional British drinks. It is so popular that it is the official drink for Wimbledon and is served to players through the entire event. Still, it is not just a popular drink that has no benefits, such as cola and soft drinks. In fact, barley water can be categorized as a natural remedy or preventive measure for certain ailments.
Barley water is actually an excellent thirst quencher, another one of the reasons why it is used in Wimbledon. Still, it has a lot of other benefits besides being a thirst quencher.
Barley Water For Pregnant Women
- The regimen of barley water for those who are pregnant can be the same as in those who are not pregnant.
- The pregnant woman can drink this once a day.
- There are already ready mixed mixtures of barley water being sold in the market but it can also be prepared at home.
- As a nutritious food supplement, it provides the body with various nutrients as well as whole grain fiber. Barley water is, in fact, full of potassium, magnesium, iron, and calcium.
- If the woman does not like the taste of pure barley water, she can add fruit juices to make it more palatable.
Health Benefits Of Barley Water During Pregnancy
The following are just some of the many benefits of barley water in pregnant women:
- Prevents constipation and helps improve digestion as this is rich in whole grain. This can also, in turn, help prevent hemorrhoids.
- Helps in dealing with nausea and morning sickness.
- Barley water helps in the production of more milk as it is lactogenic.
- It also helps to meet daily requirements of fiber and nutrients like potassium, iron, magnesium, and calcium.
- Aids in keeping the body healthy to prevent infections and various diseases.
- Barley water helps in improving circulation. Thus, it can help in the prevention of heart problems, high blood pressure, edema, varicose veins, and spidery veins.
- Helps control sugar levels to prevent gestational diabetes.
- It helps in tissue repair and cell growth. This is especially useful in pregnant women whose body has to undergo a lot of changes, like increase in belly size, to accommodate the growing child.
- Barley water helps to prevent nasal congestion.
- It helps to relieve itching of the skin on the abdomen.
- Helps prevent and treat urinary tract infections and yeast infections.
- Diet and Food